Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Blog Comment Day


People blog for all kinds of different reasons. Some blog to get their thoughts out in a public diary; others blog to share their expertise with others; many more blog for a dozen other reasons.
I blog for the interaction, learning, and friendship that comes from putting my heart and mind out in public and the privilege of people responding through comments.
Though there may be 100 reasons why people blog, I've yet to meet a blogger who doesn't appreciate comments. For this reason I'm starting Blog Comment Day on December 3, 2008. Here's how it works:

On December 3, 2008 you will leave one comment on at least 5 different blogs.
Out of the 5 blogs you comment on, at least 2 of them will be blogs you haven't commented on previously.
That's it. Simple, right?
Where to from here?

1) I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know if you're participating by leaving a comment in this post.
2)Feel free to save and use the banner in this post.
3)Please consider promoting this on your blog. Feel free to copy anything I've written here to promote Blog Comment Day.
4)Encourage others to leave a
comment here if they are participating.
Thanks for helping to make the blogosphere a more conversational place!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for participating in Blog Comment Day!

PAT said...

Hi Becca
Great idea.

I love your Christmas header. Gorgeous!

sandra/tx said...

Great idea to start a blog comment day, Becca. I'd have left a comment on newer posts, but something's happened to your comments option. :-/

Hope you're having a great weekend.

Becca Watson said...

Thank you. I would love to take credit for this idea, but I just copied and pasted the information from john Smulo's blog. it was his idea.

I fixed my comment problem, thanks for letting me know!