Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I Think I Know

Christmas has always held a special place in my heart. Last years Christmas blog, Christmas and my dad , tells of my loss of Christmas spirit. I believe I am still having trouble with this. Add on the fact that we just moved and have no money for anything. Last year my tree was overflowing with presents. This year it is naked. Not a single present under the tree. Christmas just doesn't feel the same this year.
I have very fond childhood memories. My mother putting hay in the living room, setting up a manger scene, and all of us kids getting to sleep in the hay Christmas Eve. Both my mother and father's birthdays are the day before Christmas Eve and Christmas Eve, not to mention I have a brother and an aunt who share a birthday on Christmas Day. Oh, and I can't forget my niece, whose birthday in the 31st. Christmas time has always been special.
With the way things have been this year, plus not having my dad around anymore just makes it hard and I think that is why I am losing my Christmas spirit. I have a post planned for my dad's birthday.
I want to say thanks for all those who left encouraging words on my last post.
Thank you!
I appreciate it a lot.
Hugs to all of you ♥

4 comments:

Sandy said...

I am so sorry...I understand why you just don't have the spirit with everything going on. Your father's spirit with be with you guys for the Holidays.

This year alot of my gifts were handmade just due to the fact money is not the same with me not working anymore. I have to be wiser and that is OK...once in awhile I will splurge but the majority I am very careful. We are crossing our fingers because hubby applied for a new job and we should know more after the Holidays. WE are crossing our fingers so bad because this new job would be the best thing that could ever happen to us.

My In-Laws have been giving handmade gifts for the past three years and I just love what I receive each year. I am looking forward to seeing what I am getting this year. A handmade gift means so much more to me.

I hope your spirits will lift and try to enjoy such a special time of the year. I will be thinking of you...

Sandy

Becca Watson said...

Sandy- Thank you so much! You are very sweet! I am planning on making cookies to send to my mother and family this year (I'll post about them tomorrow)I am trying to make the best of everything.

Thank you for your kind words!

Lori said...

I believe your Dad is watching over you and he would want you to be happy and "celebrate" his life and love♥

PAT said...

Becca, my heart goes out to you and I do understand why you are feeling this way.

J and I have suffered painful losses at holiday time. It's always a bittersweet time of year. Bet you would not have guessed that! We do have the spirit and stay positive.

It's just been 2 years since we lost our grandson, just at the beginning of the holidays. He only lived a short time after his birth. When I was putting the collage together for today's post, Elijah, who lives in my heart, was very much on my mind.

J's young brother and his father (also young) passed away at holiday time, just two months apart. We truly understand.

As for gifts. We play a game, with our family. We don't exchange gifts. If I can remember,I'll post about the game on next Tuesday's post.

This year is particularly difficult, due to the economy and not knowing what the future holds.
I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.