Friday, December 12, 2008

In the Spirit of Christmas

My friend Michelle posted this today overon her blog. I thought it was neat and I would steal it for myself to do.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?

Wrapping paper. I love to wrap stuff, but it always comes out crappy..

2. Real tree or Artificial?
I love the smell of real tree's but you just can't beat the pre-lit artificial ones.. I love my fake tree

3. When do you put up the tree?

The day after Thanksgiving, or somewhere around there..

4. When do you take the tree down?

Around New years..

5. Do you like eggnog?

I remember having it once as a kid. I didn't like it then. I have not tried it yet as an adult. There is some in my fridge that my sis brought over, of course it's not the kids version..

6. Favourite gift received as a child?

I can't remember.. When I was 11 my mom got me a clock/radio/phone. That was pretty cool!

7. Hardest person to buy for?

Me.. I never know what I want..

8. Easiest person to buy for?

My hubby. All he wants are tools.

9. Do you have a nativity scene?

Yes I do. My mom sent me one a few years ago. I don't have it out yet because I'm still waiting for my mantel to get built..

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?

I don't do either. I would like to start mailing cards out though..

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?

I don't remember a worst present, I do remember my sister getting more presents than me though..

12. Favourite Christmas Movie?

That would have to be "A Christmas Story"! I love that movie and watch it every year when TNT does the 24hr marathon of it!!

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?

In December of November I guess..

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?

Not that I can remember..

15. Favourite thing to eat at Christmas?

My mom's cranberry nut bread and her Christmas candies that she makes. I look forward to getting those in the mail every year!

16. Lights on the tree?

Yes, it came pre-lit with white lights.

17. Favourite Xmas song?Favourite carol?

Silver bells and the Carol of the Bells.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?

Maybe someday I'll get back home for Christmas, but for now its just me and the hubby at home, although last year we drove to St. Louis for Christmas. I don't think we'll be doing that this year.. We use to live only 4 hours away, but since we moved to Texas, its a lot longer..

19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?

Comet, Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Blitzen, Rudolph, and there's one more.. Crap I can't think of it.. Wait.. is it Donner?

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?

I had an Angel once, but I gave it to a friend. Now I have a star thingy..

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?

I grew up only opening them on Christmas, but I talked the hubby into opening one on Christmas eve last year..

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?

All the Christmas shoppers. I refuse to leave the house!

23. Favourite ornament theme or colour?

My tree is done up in blue and silver ornaments.

24. Favourite memory of Christmas?

When I was little, my mom would put hay in the living room and make like a manger scene. All of us kids would get to sleep in the hay. My mom did that every year until we moved up to Oregon. I would love to do something like that for my kids someday..

25. What do you want for Christmas this year?

I'm easy.. All I want for Christmas is some Disney movies or an apron..

2 comments:

Lori said...

Great meme!
Would you mind if I borrowed it?
Thanks for stopping by me today :)

Becca Watson said...

Lori- Go right ahead. I stole-er borrowed it from someone else, might as well pass it around and let everyone enjoy!!