Tuesday, November 04, 2008

An Anniversary

For 12 years, I was a smoker. I started smoking when I was a freshman in high school. My older brother and sister were smokers and for some reason I got it into my head that because of them, someday I too would be a smoker. So I started sneaking cigarettes from them and smoking at school. I started to hang out with other smokers and found ways to get my own pack of cigarettes. Most of the time I would steal my cigarettes, even if it was from my brother or sister, or a store.

The anniversary I am celebrating this month, is that I have been smoke free for a year now. My husband is a non smoker, so when we were dating I didn't smoke as much. When I moved in with him, I smoked even less. My smoking didn't bother him a whole lot, or so I thought. One day he brought it up and told me I needed to quit If I wanted to be with him. So I quit. I did it more for me than him. It was easier than I thought. I've tried quitting before, and always failed. I was always around other smokers then. Being around my husband made it easier to quit.
So yeah for me! Smoke free for a year and counting!!

No comments: