Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Bad News

So shortly after my last post I got a phone call from my mom. She did not have good news. My father is not doing so well. He has not told us the truth about his health. In October when we found out about his colon cancer, he failed to mention that the cancer had spread into his chest, bowels and lymphnods(sp?).He has refused all treatment. The Doctor told him in February that he should go into hospice care. My Father refused that as well. I was told he has a few days to a few weeks, maybe a few months at best. But he is not at his best. He is getting weaker and losing so much weight. he can't hold a conversation over 2 min, if that. My Daddy is dying. I don't know what I'm suppose to do. I know I don't want to be there right now. i don't want my last memory of my Father to be him dying.. but I feel like I should be there, or something.. I don't know..

No comments: