Monday, May 08, 2006

Memphis in May

The first night of the Beale street music fest was AWESOME!! We had to stand in line for almost 2 hours, but it was worth it. We got there way early which was good cuz traffic was backed way up and the line was really long. It was such a hippie fest I was having flashbacks to my days in Oregon. All the little tents with the hippie clothes and what not, it was like walking around downtown Eugene during the Saturday market. We got to see Puddle of Mud play and Jason Maraz, Buckcherry, Marty Casey and the lovehammers and I got to see a little bit of Train. Right around the time Train started David and I got separated. We had a meeting point and I went to it and stood there for about 5 min before I said fuck it. The only band I really cared about seeing was Train. So I went to the stage Train was playing on and was there for maybe 10 min before I thought I should go back and look for David. Went back to our meeting place, he still wasn't there so I went back to see Train. David finally called me (I would of called him, but I knew he left his phone in the car), Well they wouldn't lest him back in so we had to leave. I got to hear maybe 3 songs from Train.. After that we went to the Gay bar. They had a drag show that night. Great fun!! We didn't get home till 2:30 slept till 2 the next day and headed back. Saturday wasn't as much fun.. It rained. And the bands they had playing really sucked. So we went and walked up and down Beale Street. That's where everyone was... Anyways we left early that day and David didn't want to go back on Sunday which kinda pissed me off. I bought tickets for the whole weekend. If I had known that he didn't want to go all three days I would of only got tickets for 2 days. And If I had known sat night that he didn't want to go Sunday I would of sold my tickets while we were down there... I understand he was tired, so was I. My legs are killing me from all the walking we did, but he should of let me know before I bought the tickets that he didn't want to go all three days. I couldn't find anyone else to go with me so the tickets were wasted..

No comments: