Monday, October 27, 2008

Recipes, Ideas, and Lost Camera Parts

**Editors note: I figured out how to get the pictures off my camera without the cord.. The memory card! Duh!**

So I had all these plans of putting up posts about my adventures in the kitchen. Posting recipes and pictures of the things I have been whipping up, but I can't find the cord that plugs my camera into the computer.. Since we moved, finding little things like that has been very difficult. I thought it was placed in the box with all the TV cords and stuff that was on the TV stand. I practically dumped that box and still no camera cord. We really don't have that many boxes needing to be unpacked left. So I guess until I find the cord or a solution to my problem, I guess I can just post without pictures.


So Friday night I made an herb roast chicken with stuffing. I'm not much of a cook, my usual mo is one of those quick and easy box meals. My husband is the real cook in the family, but he better watch out, I'm learning and gonna catch up. My husband had planned on making the chicken earlier in the week, but his work schedule conflicted with that plan, so I took the initiative to make this meal. I wasn't sure how it would turn out since I've never made anything more complecated than mac and cheese. I wish I had the pictures to show you how it turned out.

Dinner was wonderfull. Along with the chicken and stuffing, I made mashed potatoes and served a nice chardonay.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the recipes for Herb Roast Chicken:

Ingredients:1 roasting chicken (about 4 pounds)
1 (12 ounce) package herbed bread stuffing
1 cup water
3 tablespoons butter
1 large onion, chopped
3/4 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed (optional. I left the spinach out)
2 ounce prosciutto or baked ham, cubed
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons dried sage
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
2 tablespoons each heavy cream and lemon juice
* added suggestion by me. Add more sage, garlic, and rosmary to taste. ( I added more for some extra flavor, that and we love garlic and rosemary)

Step 1)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place roasting rack in large roasting pan. Rinse chicken; pat dry with paper towels.
Step 2)
In large bowl, toss stuffing with 1 cup water. In large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, spinach, prosciutto, garlic, sage and rosemary to skillet; saute until tender, about 5 minutes.

Step 3)
Add spinach mixture to stuffing. Stir in heavy cream and lemon juice; mix well
Step 4)
Spoon stuffing loosely into chicken cavity, filling about 3/4 full. Fold skin over opening and close with metal skewers. Tuck wings under chicken. Place on roasting rack.

Step 5)
Roast chicken until an instant-read meat thermometer, inserted in the thigh, not touching bone, registers 180 degrees and chicken is golden, about 1 hour and 45 minutes.

* added suggestion, by me, about 20 to 30 minutes before the chicken is done, take a stick of butter and rub over chicken till glazed.

Enjoy!

No comments: