Friday, December 11, 2009

Cranberry Bread

This time of year my mom always makes Cranberry bread. It is one of my favorite things that she bakes, and she has been sending me a loaf every year since I moved away from Oregon. So this year I thought, since I've been doing a lot of baking why not try and make it myself? I'm glad did! Boy that's some good bread! Yum Yum!

If you would like to try your hand at some Cranberry bread, here's the recipe:


Cranberry Bread

1 Cup fresh or frozen Cranberries, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup chopped nuts (I use pecans)
1 tablespoon grated orange peel
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons shortening
3/4 up orange juice
1 egg, well beaten


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously grease and lightly flour a 9x5x3 loaf pan.
Prepare cranberries, nuts and orange peel. Set aside. In bowl mix together flour sugar baking powder salt and baking soda. cut in shortening. Stir in orange juice, and egg mixing just until moistened.
Fold in cranberry mixture. Bake 60 min or until a wooden toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 15 min. remove from pan and let cool completely.

Eat and enjoy!!

1 comment:

Michelle Fluttering Butterflies said...

Cranberry bread would be perfect for Christmas, what a wonderful idea!