I have been so far behind on posting my weekend baking.. You'll just have to pretend you read this post last Sunday!
Below I have copied and pasted the recipe from Gordon Ramsay's website along with a video of him preparing the Beef Wellington. As for the desert, I got the recipe off of a puff pastry box.
.88 lbs Beef fillet
.88 lbs Flat mushrooms (we don't like mushrooms and left them out. It is still just as good..)
4 slices Parma ham (can substitute with Prosciutto)
English mustard for brushing meat (we couldn't find English Mustard so we just used Dijon, even though Gordon Ramsay says not too..)
.44 lbs puff pastry
2 Egg yolks
1 Clove garlic, crushed
1 Sprig thyme (fresh)
Salt and pepper
2. Heat oil in a large pan and sear the meat on all sides. Don’t cook the meat, just brown each side. Let it cool and then brush it with the mustard.
3. Chop the mushrooms in a food processor to make a puree. Throw the puree in a hot pan with no oil and sweat out all of the liquid. Let the water evaporate and then set it aside to cool.
4. Lay four slices of parma ham down on a large piece of cling film, slightly overlapping, then brush with mushroom mixture.
5. Put the beef in the middle of the ham and roll the ham around the beef using the cling film. Twist the ends of the cling film to tighten the roll, then refrigerate it for 15 minutes to let it set.
6. Roll your puff pastry and then brush the edges with Egg wash. Roll the pastry over the beef completely covering it. Cut off any excess pieces. Egg wash the top. Put your roll back in the fridge for 5 minutes. Egg wash again and bake for 35-40 minutes. Let it cool for 10 minutes before slicing.
7. Par boil the potatoes in salted water. Quarter them and leave the skin on. Sauté in olive oil and butter with the garlic and thyme, until browned and cooked through. Season. Remove the thyme and garlic before serving.
8. Serve the Wellington in hearty slice's.
This made for a very wonderful Sunday Lunch (dinner). I look forward to my husband making this dish again! It was very yummy and I encourage everyone to try it!
Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend!♥