Sunday, January 03, 2010

Carrot Cake Cupcakes

I had a ton of frosting left over from the sugar cookies, so I figured some carrot cake would go nicely with cream cheese frosting. Except I didn't have enough left to frost a whole cake.. So cupcakes!


Plus I got to use my shiney new mixer to make the cupcakes!





Carrot Cake Cupcakes

Prep: 1 hour Bake: 22-26 min

Oven: 350 degrees Makes: about 30 cupcakes

4 eggs, beaten

2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar

2 teaspoons baking powder

1 teaspoon cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

3 cups finely shredded carrot* (lightly packed)

3/4 cup cooking oil

1 recipe Cream Cheese Frosting



Allow eggs to stand at room temp for 30 min. Meanwhile prepare muffin pans with liners. Set aside.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In large mixing bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda; set aside.

In another bowl combine eggs, carrot, and oil. Add egg mixture to flour mixture. Stir until combined. Pour batter into the prepare pans.

Bake for 22- 26 minutes or until a wooden toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Once cooled frost with the cream cheese frosting.



*Note: The carrots should be finely shredded or they may sink to the bottom of the cake.









Eat and Enjoy!!

4 comments:

Michelle Fluttering Butterflies said...

I'm not sure I love anything more than carrot cake and cupcakes!

Hater Von G said...

Oh yummy! I love carrot cake/cup cakes. Found you on 20sb!

Deb said...

Hi...nice to meet another Texas blogger...stop by for a visit...on my side bar there is a button to link up with other Texas bloggers if you are interested...

PK 09 said...

I just wanted to say that I really like the looks of your blog! nice header and colours. And the cakes look good too ;)